Thursday, May 23, 2019

Beautiful View

First off, look at that view! The hike was beyond worth it! 

Besides the relaxing and the swimming, one of my favorite things we did in Hawaii was Diamond Head.
If you ever go to Oahu, it's a must do if you're into hiking and pretty views. 





^This was only the beginning of the very long staircase. haha. Luckily there is an alternate path
which is easier- without stairs and a much prettier view. We took the stair-less way on the way up 
and on the way down we took the stairs just to say we did it. ^

When we got back down we got a small treat and I don't think I've ever tasted a more delicious 
piña colada in my entire life.

We went and toured Waikiki Beach and it was crowded!
And see that mountain on the right? That's Diamond Head! 

^Proof that we were there, even though we didn't swim^

Traffic was really bad going back to our condo so we tried to wait it out.
We went shopping and bought amazing cookies! 
^It was an outside mall and these were the trees "inside" --> so cool!
It kinda reminded me of City Creek in Salt Lake. 

We ate at a place called Marukame Udon which Andrew and I really loved because we are all into
Asian food and eventually we made it back to our condo. 

I love looking back at all these pictures! It makes me really miss the sun! I know I've said it before, but Utah is
struggling with the warm weather this year! I kid you not, today I wore a sweater and boots to work! At the end of May!
And I was still cold. For now it's just imagining the sun on my skin! And waiting for summer to begin!

This past weekend Andrew and I went to Costco and bought pineapple & coconut snacks in attempt to bring some of
Hawaii back to us. We are currently loving crispy coconut rolls and I'm eating them right now! I want to put them
in pineapple ice cream. Or coconut ice cream. Does that even exist? I'm going to look for a recipe.
More Hawaii photo dumps to come! And maybe one on coconut ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...