Thursday, June 14, 2018

26 for 26

I have always loved reading.
When I was around 7 or 8 and it was bedtime, my door would be slightly ajar with light 
coming into my bedroom from the hallway in a tiny strip. I would grab my book and place 
it in the light so I could read.

And one time during the summer when I was around 15 my parents actually 
grounded me from reading so I could hang out with my friends instead.

Then I went to college and it was way more fun to watch Netflix after class.
(did anyone else have this problem?)
And my dorm room... let's just say there never was ever a dull moment. 
Reading went out the window. 
And new habits formed. 

I wanted to read more. I missed it.
And books are 99% usually better than the movie anyways. 
I came up with a goal and I wanted to read 25 books before I turned 26 
and I did it! 
It actually turned into 26 for 26 because I just kept going.


Work and the Glory 1-9
Harry Potter 1-7
The Fault in our Stars
Blackmoore
The Happiness Project
The Other Side of Heaven
Cheers to Eternity 
Safe Haven
More than the Tattooed Mormon
When Faith Endures
The Thief Lord
The Hiding Place

I have rekindled my love for reading and it's heaven.
My next goal is to read my favorite children's lit novels plus whatever else floats my boat.
If anyone has any good book recommendations I am all ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...