Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Lunar New Year's Adam

Because Adam came before Eve, haha! 
I love that joke. 

Andrew and I went down to California just in time to see the festivities for ringing in the lunar new year. 
It is serious business there. I mean, I'm from Utah and I learned about in elementary school. 
I discovered that I was born in the year of the monkey and then that's really it. 

But since the Garden Grove area of California is also known as Little Sigaon, 
the festivities there are everywhere and they lasts for DAYS!! 

It was so neat to walk around and completely experience a new culture.
Andrew and I were the only white people there but he knew the language so I 
was really out (in???) of my own bubble but I LOVED it! Culture and people fascinate me.






We were able to get some of the best Vietnamese food...spring rolls. 
Honestly, they need to bring these bad boys to Asian restaurants out here in Utah. 
Andrew would probably buy them everyday. And we would have no money. 
But our bellies would be happy. 



I loved it so much and I am so glad I had my cultural guide and translator with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...