Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Nants Ingonyama Bagithi Baba

This past Saturday we went to The Lion King and it brought back the childhood memories. 
In the Broadway version there are new songs which I fell in love with.
Rafiki had one of the most amazing voices. 
The costumes were elaborate, intricate, and detailed.
It was beautiful. 

^The Earl Family^ (minus Ryan- he's mission serving)



^Curtain Call- those giraffes on the right are people on stilts^ 





The Lion King has so many powerful moments such as the song "He Lives in You" or when Simba takes his place on Pride Rock. And it's a good thing I had allergies to blame when Mufasa died or when Simba sang "Endless Night". I love this story and I think the Broadway play brought such a deeper and richer meaning to the original movie. I think that Disney is doing an new "live" movie and that makes me so excited! Oh and if anyone can please explain to me why Timon's puppeteer is green I would appreciate it. That threw me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...