Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Lagoon Staycation

Andrew and I took a mini vacation with our friends this past weekend.
We started off our trip with Salt Lake and I have never really toured the area except for Temple Square and a few other places but we stepped out of the obvious things we normally do and I discovered that Salt Lake is a gem! It is beautiful and I want to go back and discover more! 

After growing up in Utah my entire life I have never once been to the state capital. I don't know how that is even possible. The building was closing soon so we did a quick tour by ourselves and accidentally crashed a wedding reception. Don't be too surprised if I ever blog about the state capital again. It is a gorgeous building that I want to return to. 




And once back in 1957-1965 George Clyde was the Governor of Utah and
he is Andrew's Great-Grandfather. We got a picture with him ;) 

We went to the Pie that is located right by the campus and that place is good.
We almost ordered the pizza that feeds 20 people but we withheld (the pizza's are huge!)





After our adventures we went hot-tubing at the hotel. 

The next morning we drove up to Lagoon. It was semi disappointing because the major attractions were closed for the day so we did quite a few carnival rides instead. We did make it on some of the big attractions throughout the day as some gradually opened up but next time I think we'll make the extra trip to Disneyland, Knotts, or Six Flags. 

We still had a fun time though and the rest of the pictures can do the talking :) 















We ended our little staycation with Pei Wei, a place Andrew and I had never been.
My favorite part was defiantly the unlimited fortune cookies. For some reason I love them. 


The End. 
(it was fun to get away for a day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...