Saturday, January 28, 2017

Anaheim has a HUGE Piece of my Heart


It has been 2 years since I have come home from serving my mission in Anaheim, California! Not a day goes by that I do not think of the year and a half I spent there. I remember the people I met by knocking on their doors or talking to them in the streets. I remember those times when we were invited into homes. I remember the things that strangers, members, missionary companions, other missionaries, my mission presidents and their wives' taught me. I remember the miracles that I witnessed and felt daily. I remember the times that the work was just too hard and I cried. I remember the times when I was so happy with the work that was happening, I cried. I remember those moments when the spirit would testify to me of my Savior, Jesus Christ and His love. The times when I strongly grew to know the Book of Mormon was true and the times that I felt and knew that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored! My mission was a wonderful and life changing experience and I loved it all!  Thanks to everyone that I met. You have helped change my life! 


Life 2 Years Later


Enjoying: 
Married life
and smores ice cream <----- that stuff is good. 

Living:
Utah 

Looking Forward To: 
Warm weather!

Reading:
Harry Potter #4

Job: 
Part time school in Special Education at the USU Orem Campus. 
Also working as a Special Education para educator. 

Working On:
 Homework and organizing videos since being married. 

Current Church Calling:
Emergency Preparedness Coordinator 

How My Testimony Has Grown:
I have developed a huge appreciation and love for visiting teaching and how it truly does bless lives. This program is truly inspired by the Lord as I have seen Him involved in it. I have been on the receiving end and it was a blessing. I've seen how visiting teaching is needed by others. Also, since marrying Andrew this past year my testimony of eternal families has grown. How grateful I am that I do not need to fear of losing him, my parents and brother, or my future family to come. How much God loves us! How much He wants us to be happy! I have a better understanding of how important having Christ in the center of your life is. Being a missionary, that's just what we did, but in real life it's harder. I've seen that as I read the scriptures, attend church, have family home evening, go to the temple, I am literally so much happier. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...