Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Upstate Side

We left NYC on Monday morning by walking, taking subways, and getting our rental car and driving out of the city. 
Not to mention our subway broke down and would not move for about 20 minutes and we had to find an alternate 
subway path to take us to the rental car spot. Andrew was a simple genius and figured it out. 

Driving to upstate New York was beautiful and I practically fell in love with the area. We cut into Pennsylvania and of 
course we needed to stop by the Steamtown Mall and get a picture. This was one happy moment for us! 


We were able to go to the priesthood restoration sight but we did not stay long. It was raining cats and dogs and those 
animals were obese! I have never seen rain like for that long. It was at least an hour! 
To learn about the priesthoods restoration CLICK HERE.
^This is the only picture we got there because we would have been sopping wet if we tried for one outside^

^They were putting out flares to show where the road was flooding. We saw rivers made by the rain going down the road.^

At the Whitmer Farm however, the weather was beautiful. 



To learn more about the Peter Whitmer Farm CLICK HERE.

We finally made it to Palmyra and that place now has a piece of my heart.
Knowing all that happened there and the beauty of the area made me wish I had unlimited money
and travel time to go and visit frequently. 
To learn about the significance of the Sacred Grove CLICK HERE.


^We met up with our friend Dennis who lives in the East coast^



^The Joseph Smith home^
To learn about Joseph Smith CLICK HERE.

Only the foundation here is original but down the road is their 2nd home and that building as some of the original walls.
Really, if walls could speak I would probably never leave NY.


We loved upstate NY and going to some of the church history sites. Another thing off the bucket list has been checked off and
we are planning on going back again. Sometime in the near or far future.

/////

Life update in other words because it takes me literally forever to update NY.
Work is crazy!!!
I can't even describe it but I come home and I'm dead. But then I have homework...or school. And currently I am
mentally checked out of school. It's been 2 hours of class and there have been no breaks.  I'm dying!!! Three more hours
until I can go home. I'm starting the countdown.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...