Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Green Women

^^^That was Andrew's idea

Here is our Green Woman of the Morning... the Statue of Liberty 
or otherwise known as the Green Lady.


The first thing we did our second day in NYC was the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I wanted to do this at the
beginning of the day because I didn't want it to be so crowded and wait in lines. Guys, that is the time to go!
Our ferry was not that crowded and when we leaving the islands you could see how the number of people coming
had significantly increased. 

^It was not free, we just had already paid for it with our City Pass^





This is at Ellis Island in the upstairs room where immigrants came through and filled out their paper work.
So crazy to imagine and think that some of my ancestors were probably in this exact same room. The
history in that building! And if those walls could talk I would probably have never left the island. 

I was reading about the artifacts and the stories behind them and Andrew had long before left me. He comes back and I say,
"I'm trying to hurry!" I think I was only 2 or 3 exhibits in and he had already toured the whole thing. He was shocked with
how far I got... or didn't get. He just cruised through that museum just like the Met. But for me I was in awe! 


Our next few stops were quick- just a see and go (with a picture). 
We went to the famous bull. It's up for sale if you want it, for $5 million and it needs to stay 
where it is, and you need to pay for cleaning and security. Just in case you were interested.

^George Washington planned the Revolutionary War in that pub behind us.^

^And this is where he was inaugurated as president.^


The churches we saw in New York were beautiful. And this man came and wanted a 
selfie with us. Sometimes I just really love people. 

^Alexander Hamilton is buried at the Trinity Church cemetery.^

One thing that I really enjoyed was walking down Canal Street (a.k.a. China Town)
It was such a unique place that I really loved.

^The food at the Dumpling House was so good. Those dumplings... my mouth is currently watering.
The plus side was the food was really cheap (and it has an A grade for cleanliness).^

And boba is one of our favorite things ever and Utah's boba is just not up to par. 
New York's boba is definitely a do again thing. 

One of my favorite things of NY was going to the top of the Rock. Not the tallest building 
in the city but I loved how we could be outside, visit different levels, see Central Park, and 
it wasn't too crowded. 


Ah, this place was so beautiful!

Our Green Woman of the Night was Elphaba from WICKED! 
Seeing this musical has been one of the top things on my bucket list
 FOOORREEVVVEEERRR!
I would have been happy seeing it anywhere it was available but in NYC was the top choice. 
It actually happened in my dream location!



Wicked was soooo good. Before I saw the play I would ask anyone who had seen it to tell me the plot, what the songs 
meant, etc.  so I had envisioned a pretty good idea of what it would be but honestly, it was so different from what 
my imagination had come up with. Such a magnificent story and a talented cast, it was a dream come true.

(and did you get my green women references?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...